19-month-old baby boy died after choking on a LOLLIPOP

May 10, 2013 | by | 0 Comments

A 19-month-old boy died after choking to death on a LOLLIPOP, an inquest has heard.

Tragic Tyler Stanton was jumping up and down on the sofa at his home while sucking a lolly when he accidentally got the sweet and the stick lodged in his throat.

Despite his grandfather and father desperately trying to remove the snack from his airway he died in hospital on April 14.

An inquest heard the youngster was playing at his home in Springfields, Walsall, West Mids., when the accident happened.

Black Country Coroner Robin Balmain said: “He had jumped on the sofa and accidentally knocked the lollipop, causing it to stick in his throat.”

The inquest was adjourned and will be re-opened at a later date.

Category: News

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy