Family-of-ten who moaned about four-bed council house handed larger state-funded £425,000 detached pad

October 31, 2016 | by | 0 Comments

swns_house_family_01

A family-of-ten which made headlines after demanding a bigger, taxpayer-funded home has now moved into their dream house.

Arnold Mballe Sube and his wife Jeanne, 33, were accused of being greedy after saying their four-bed property wasn’t big enough for their eight children.

The Cameroon-born father had turned down two previous homes offered by the council as he said they were too small as the family couldn’t eat together.

But after being warned that he might be making his family intentionally homeless, Arnold snapped up the final offer of an “executive” detached pad valued at £425,000.

The previous house in Luton, Beds where Arnold Mballe Sube and wife Jeanne live with their children

The previous house in Luton, Beds where Arnold Mballe Sube and wife Jeanne live with their children

The large four-bedroom property is believed to cost £1,200 per month in rent and consists of a master bedroom with en-suite and three further double rooms.

The house is surrounded by other detached properties with Porsches and Mercedes on a leafly cul-de-sac and was listed for sale with a guide of £400,000 to £425,000.

The property also includes a dining room, a utility room, lounge, kitchen, a drive-way big enough for two cars, an integral garage and a large back garden.

Arnold previously lived in a four-bedroom end-of-terrace home in Milton Keynes, Bucks., but said the council had to provide him with a six-bedroom property.

The father, who moved to England from Paris, France, claimed he was “not greedy” but was warned by Luton Borough Council that he would be making his family homeless.

Rubbish outside Arnold Sube's previous address

Rubbish outside Arnold Sube’s previous address

Neighbours at Arnold’s previous address said the family moved out on October 17 and multiple bags of rubbish could be seen dumped outside the home.

The third-year university student claimed his family had been “neglected” and needed a six-bedroom house as taxpayers were funding his £1,278 per month home.

The family had moved to Luton, Beds., from Paris in 2012 after Arnold secured a place on a NHS funded mental health nursing course at the University of Bedfordshire.

They moved into a five-bed house in Luton, Beds., and then moved to a four-bed but were evicted as their landlord wanted to move back in.

The council then put the family up in a four-bedroom home in Milton Keynes, Bucks., but Arnold said the family were entitled to a six-bed.

The new family home of Arnold Sube in Milton Keynes, Beds

The new family home of Arnold Sube in Milton Keynes, Beds

Arnold is father to eldest daughter Mejane, 16, Fabian, 13, Analia, 13, ten-year-old Prosper, nine-year-old Dylan, six-year-old twins Sharon and Stacy and four-month-old Mary.

At their old home Arnold’s four daughters slept on two single bunk beds in one room and his three sons shared a single bunk bed in a separate room.

The family also had a large big flat screen TV in the lounge with a Sky HD box and the children had a TV and X-box in their bedroom with multiple games.

The final room was used as a study and stored gym equipment but Arnold claimed the house didn’t have enough storage for the ten of them.

At the time Arnold, who works part-time as a care support worker, said the search to find the right house resulted in him and his wife getting depression and anxiety.

Jeanne Sube outside her new home

Jeanne Sube outside her new home

He said: “We have developed depression, anxiety, which we were on medication for.

“My wife had to be referred to a mental health charity and she had a couple of sessions.

“My children are finding it difficult. We can’t eat as a family, we all have to eat in different parts of the house.

“There is no space for them to live a normal life.

“The area is the worst area I have ever lived in my life. This is the worst house.”

Mum-of-eight Jeanne Sube screamed “leave us alone” at reporters who had gathered outside her home.

She and her husband Arnold now live in a “spacious” detached four-bedroom house in Milton Keynes, Bucks after complaining about their previous home in Luton, Beds.

Today the couple originally from Cameroon, both 33, refused to comment after their latest move sparked outrage.

Arnold Sube outside his new family home

Arnold Sube outside his new family home

Jeanne shouted at reporters “Leave us alone, go away, go away.”

Arnold refused to answer the door and only wandered outside when his wife berated members of the press and manhandled a photographer while her distressed children watched.

The family, who arrived in the UK in 2012, were branded “disgusting” by a neighbouring family who struggle to pay the £1,200 private rent of their four-bed home on the same road.

A mum-of-five, who did not want to be named, said: “If you want my opinion it’s disgusting, just disgusting these rooms in these houses are so spacious, there is more than enough room and they are complaining.

“Me and my husband both work and we spend most of our income on the rent, we have two special needs boys so it’s difficult but we don’t cheat the system.

“We can’t even get on the housing waiting list. It’s disgusting that they had a house and complained.

“We pay an extortionate council tax because it’s a four bed.”swns_house_family_07Jeanne had previously said her husband did not live at the new home but neighbours confirmed they had seen him coming and going.

One man said: “They haven’t been here long but it seemed to me like both the mum and dad were staying there.”

Luna Ibrahim who lives in a rented home with her teenage daughter on the same road as the Subes said: “I don’t care where they are from, I think the fact they are immigrants is half the reason everybody is keeping up a fuss.

“Everybody should be entitled to have a house with enough rooms for the children if they are above a certain age.

“If it was up to me I would give all the people in Calais a home, they are people at the end of the day.

“If people are willing to drag their families thousands of miles for a better life there must be a reason for it.”

Luton Borough Council, responsible for homing the family, said: “The council is focused on its statutory duty.

“To protect privacy, it is not in a position to provide updates on individual cases.”

Category: News

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy