Father’s iPhone 5 charger MELTED as he held it in his hand

January 3, 2014 | by | 0 Comments

An iPhone 5 user was horrified when his charger MELTED as he held the device in his hand.

Smoke started billowing from the end of the cable just minutes after James Ward, 25, plugged in his unit on New Year’s Day.

The electrician was holding the device when the cable began to melt and filled his room with the smell of burning rubber.

[HALF]

The device began billowing smoke

The device began billowing smoke

[/HALF]

[HALF]

James Ward’s melted iPhone charger

James Ward’s melted iPhone charger

 

 

[/HALF]

“I started to panic,” he said. “I know all about electrics, being an electrician, and stuff like that really shouldn’t happen.

“I normally plug my phone in and go to bed, but I had a couple of emails to check.

“If I had gone to sleep, I dread to think what would have happened.

“I’ve got an 18-month-old daughter – the consequences of what could have happened doesn’t bear thinking about.”

James, lives with partner Gem and their baby daughter in Romford, Essex, immediately turned the melting charger off.

He got the phone and official Apple charger from EE about six months ago.

James said: “I don’t know what caused it to heat up, I didn’t do anything different and the cable hadn’t frayed at all.

“I’m never going to leave my phone unattended again – I don’t want to put my family at risk and this happening once was once too often for my liking.”

Category: News

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy