Did missing office worker kill herself because she was upset over a bad haircut?

June 2, 2013 | by | 19 Comments
Frankie Warren may have killed herself after a hair cut went wrong and left her upset

A pretty office worker who disappeared from home because she was distraught about a botched HAIRCUT is believed to have killed herself after her body was found in woodland, it emerged today.

Frankie Warren, 26, vanished from her home in Thornbury, Glos., on Wednesday at 8.40am.

The office worker did not turn up for work as usual and worried family members reported her missing later that evening.

Police tracked Frankie’s silver Honda Civic using number plate recognition cameras and searched area of woodland 80 miles away from her home in Sedgley, West Mids.

Blonde Frankie did not take any belongings or money with her and friends said she had only £20 worth of petrol in her car.

Her worried parents told residents helping with the search for her in Sedgley, West Mids., Frankie was depressed about her latest hair-style.

Kieran and Margerie Warren said they could think of “no other reason” why their daughter would disappear out of the blue.

Police confirmed they had found a body in the woodlands off Hickmerelands Lane in Sedgley late on Friday night.

The body has not been identified yet but officers believe it is Frankie and a police spokeswoman confirmed they were not treating the death as suspicious.

Frankie’s contact with boyfriend Sam Cotton, 27, was at 11 am on Thursday, and the vehicle was logged by traffic cameras just before 5pm in the West Midlands.

Desperate Sam posted an emotional plea for information on his Facebook page the day Frankie went missing and yesterday revealed he had travelled to Sedgley to help with the search.

He wrote: “ATTENTION ALL OF MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!

“MY GIRLFRIEND (FRANKIE WARREN) HAS GONE MISSING!!!!!! I last spoke with her at about 11am on 29th may, this is massively out of character for her and also to not contact anyone!!!!”

A large-scale search was undertaken on Thursday and Friday as officers combed woodland around Sedgley Hall Park for clues.

The pretty office worker is understood to have been devastated at the botched hair cut

Police said they feared for Frankie’s safety because of her fragile state at the time of her appearance – but revealed she did not have a history of mental illness.

Dog walker Kevin Fletcher, 46, said he met Frankie’s dad Kieran, 59, at 6am on Friday morning as he was walking his Labrador.

Factory manager Kevin said: “I took my dog Coco up to the fields at 6am and could hear people shouting her.

“As I got to the top of the field there was a bloke there with hiking boots on and a big stick.

“He went ‘I’m her dad’. He said he didn’t know why she had come here. I did ask if she had any connection to the area and he said no.

“He said she was really mixed in her head and has been missing for a couple of nights and she’s gone very depressed.

“I asked why is she so depressed and he said she went and had her hair done a couple of weeks ago and they didn’t do it right.

Police recover Frankie's car from woodland in the West Midlands close to where Frankie's body was found

Police recover Frankie’s car from woodland in the West Midlands close to where Frankie’s body was found

Police surround Frankie's abandoned car

Police surround Frankie’s abandoned car

“He said she kept going back and it was getting worse.

“He said that’s all we can think of and we can’t understand why.”

Kevin also revealed he first saw Frankie’s abandoned silver Honda Civic parked near the wooded area early on Thursday morning but thought nothing of it.

He added: “I saw the car Thursday morning. I thought the door doesn’t look like it’s shut properly.

“But I didn’t think anything else of it because it was raining and a horrible morning.

“Apparently the keys were still in the car and her handbag was on the passenger seat.

“I saw the police there on Thursday night too. It was after 7pm and I took Coco out and there was police everywhere with dogs.

“They asked me not to let Coco off the lead, there must have been about ten of them with dogs.

“I could hear the police helicopter as well, it looked like it had the infa-red on.

“It must have hovered over the fields for about 20 or 30 minutes.”

1. Evie says:

We do not yet know if there were any other problems in her life. It seems a very extreme action over a bad hair cut. There are probably thousands of women who have suffered a very bad experience at the hairdressers, and at the time it is very upsetting. It is tragic for such a lovely young girl to take her own life, I cannot help but think there may have been other factors involved – a very sad story.

Why don’t you take this story down until you know the facts. Have some damn respect for those who are grieving!

Who ever wrote this article needs to get there facts right and also have some respect! Shame on you!

How about the media actually get their facts right when they all clearly know NOTHING !!!!!.

No one knows the fully circumstances. Shut your noise and leave people to grieve.

I agree must be more to it that a hair cut.. how do you think the poor hairdresser is feeling about all these comments…
    stop it before she ends up doing something stupid for feeling guilty

must be something else that’s either been covered up or she never spoke to anyone about it

and to find a small park in sedgley seems strange she must have drove past 100s of places country lanes before finding this in the middle of a small estate

you have to drive through small roads before getting where her car was she wouldn’t have new it was there unless she had been here before

we are hearing rumours now from a few people in the area she lived here for 6 years that makes a bit more sence how she found this place

my heart goes out to the family and friends
    but please stop blaming the hair dresser before she feels guilty and does something stupid

there must be other problems that she never spoke about
    and a reason she came all this way to a small estate in sedgley

sorry for your loss

iam so aorry to here about the family loss of Frankie my thoughts are with the family and will be for a very long time.i walk past were your daughter was found every day when walking my dog she will always be in my thoughts

As a suffer of depression it only takes a tiny
    Thing to trigger of a massive crisis , and there’s nothing
    any one can say or do to make things better my thoughts
    Are with all family and friends x

Well she didnt live there for 6 years as I went to school with her get ur facts right before u start rumours….. have some respect

• Anonymous says:

was just what we have been told by several people that’s all…she knew the area somehow to find that place as its in the middle of a small estate…not easy to find,,,,,,

there is something deeper than a haircut.
    im not saying she wasn’t upset but that’s just part of it

there has got to be a reason she came to this place
    as the car was found by large woodland fields

but she was found in a small path nearer to the town
    why didn’t she just go over the fields she was right by

something doesn’t seem right
    somewhere some one knows something
    this hair dresser must be feeling awful

yes I agree I used to suffer with depression and have history of self harm
    but would never travel 80 miles to do anything with out a good reason

nobody who doesn’t know the area would know that place
    its not off a main road but a quiet estate

I do feel sorry and my heart goes out to all family and friends
    I was out looking Thursday night as soon as I heard and 1st thing Friday morning

Rest i peace frankie

That poor girl. Only the people who really knew and loved her know the facts. Goodnight sweet angel

Only the people who really knrw and loved her know the truth. U were beautifu.

I think it should be shared
    as the poor hairdresser getting the blame
    after the last comment it seems there is more to this

stop blaming the hairdresser
    and let the truth out

she picked that area for a reason
    find it hard she would travel 80 miles

then not even go over the field where the car was found
    she was in a cul-de-sac alley
    back up the road nearer the town??
    why go backwards away from the fields ?

some things not right
    and feel the truth needs to come out
    and stop blaming a haircut
    think everyone knows that’s false

its not been confirmed it was suicide yet

• Anonymous says:

Whos blaming a haircut????suggest u get your facts right. A lovely woman is dead and has left alot of people heartbroke…. Thats a fact

Have some respect for her family ,boyfriend and her friends. Whos blaming a hairdresser??know that for a fact do you????

IT HAS BEEN SAID FRANKIE WAS DEPRESSED OVER A BAD HAIR CUT AND THAT HER MOM AND DAD COULD NOT THINK POF ANYOTHER REASON WHY FRANKIE WOULD TAKE HER OWN LIFE I HAVE ALWAYS SUFFERED WITH DEPRESSION ALL MY LIFE I HAVE TRYED TO TAKE MY OWN LIFE TWICE IAM ON MEDICAON FROM MY DOCTOR IT WOULD BE LIKE ME GOING ALL THE WAY TO BLACKPOOL I WOULDANT I WOULD DO IT SOME WHERE NEAR WHERE I LIVE I HAVE HAD A LOT OF SHIT DELT ME IN MY LIFE THATS HOW I NO IT WAS NOT OVER A HAIR CUT