Headteacher airlifted to hospital after suffering severe burns at a barbecue

May 14, 2013 | by | 0 Comments

A headteacher was airlifted to hospital after she sustained “severe burns” at a barbecue, it emerged today.

Lisa Michell was seriously injured during the incident in the tiny hamlet of Trispen, Cornwall.

The head of nearby Ladock Primary School was airlifted to The Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery in Swansea, south Wales.

She has since been transferred to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth, Devon.

It is understood that a barbecue was involved in the incident at around 3pm on May 6.

A statement released by Cornwall Council on behalf of Ladock said “everyone at the school is shocked and saddened by the news.”

The statement read: “We can confirm that the headteacher of Ladock School has been injured in an accident.

“Mrs Michell is currently being treated in hospital and no further information is available at this time.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.”

A spokesperson from Cornwall Air Ambulance said: “An adult female was air lifted to Swansea on Monday 6 May.

“We received a call from the Trispen area at around 2.55pm. After arriving at the scene it was clear a woman had sustained severe burns.”

Category: News

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy