A devastated model today told how she had been left scarred for life after a yob allegedly rammed her head through a window pane.
Lasha Horton, 23, was almost blinded in the alleged attack at her home which left her needing 30 stitches in her face.
Lasha spent two days in hospital while plastic surgeons desperately tried to repair a jagged scar running from her left ear to the corner of her eye.
Yesterday Lasha broke down as she spoke for the first time since the incident on October 26 about losing out on her £15,000-a-year modelling career.
She sobbed: “If the glass had hit me elsewhere in my face I could have lost my sight.
“As it is I have arranged to see plastic surgeons and they have told me that because I am mixed race it will be difficult for the scar to be erased completely so I am scarred for life.
“It’s really upsetting because I’ve done a lot of charity work as a model and now I can no longer do that.
“I also had shoots lined up which I can’t fulfill.
“Although I can no longer model I would like to continue my charity work and I thought I could try to turn this into something.
“This happened in a matter of seconds but it’s devastated my life.
“I haven’t been leaving the house and I can no longer pursue the career I wanted.”
Lasha, from Nottingham, had lined up a contract with prestigious London modelling agency Demus Castings weeks before the assault.
Nicholas Demus, who runs the agency, said: “She was due to appear in music videos with some up-and-coming artists.
“I did have some magazines that wanted to shoot her over 2013, including Flavour fashion magazine, but we’ve had to start re-booking after we got the news.
“At the moment it is going to prove to be a bit difficult with her current situation because obviously normally facial appearance as well as physical appearance is very important.”
A spokesman for Nottinghamshire Police confirmed they had been called to the incident at about 1.50am on Friday, October 26.
Genavese Justin has been charged with actual bodily harm with intent.
She appeared at Nottingham Crown Court on November 22 and will appear again for a plea and directions hearing on February 1, 2013.