Sex beast to spend rest of life in jail after two more victims came forward

September 5, 2014 | by | 0 Comments
Jeremy Smith. A sadistic sex beast who was jailed for 27 years has now been told he will spend the rest of his life in prison - after TWO new terrified victims stepped forward

Jeremy Smith. A sadistic sex beast who was jailed for 27 years has now been told he will spend the rest of his life in prison – after TWO new terrified victims stepped forward

A sadistic sex beast who was jailed for 27 years will now spend the rest of his life behind bars – after TWO new terrified victims came forward.

Jeremy Smith, 54, was convicted last year for subjecting four different victims to a series of sexual and physical assaults.

A court heard how he pinned his victims to the floor as he tried to satisfy his thirst for violent sex.

The rapist was convicted by a jury of rape and sexual assault and told he would serve 27 years behind bars.

But now Smith has been given a life sentence – after a new victim spotted his mugshot in their local newspaper, the Kentish Express.

Judge Heather Norton, sentencing at Canterbury Crown Court, said the sick pervert had left his victims feeling “degraded” and “ashamed”.

She said: “After the earlier trial when I jailed you for 21 years with a six year extended sentence, two women came forward to make allegations of more sexual assaults.

“They were offences involving gratuitous violence, leaving one of your victims feeling degraded and ashamed by what had happened.”

The court heard the previously unreported offences dated back to the 1980s when Smith’s victims were too scared to come forward.

It wasn’t until one of the women saw a picture of him in the Kent Messenger newspaper after he was jailed in May 2013 that she contacted police.

She told them how Smith had dragged her by the hair before subjecting her to “an appalling and horrific biting attack” which still caused her complications today.

Officers then investigated and found second new victim who had been subject to Smith’s abuse.

Smith, from Charing, Kent, admitted five new charges and at his sentencing hearing on Thursday (4/9) a victim impact statement was read to Judge Norton.

It said: “I was young and quite innocent and very happy. But after he attacked me my life changed.

“I started sleeping without opening my window. He made me afraid of the dark.

“The best way I can describe the effects of the attacks on me is to compare it to a scar that you may get when you cut yourself.

“Once it has healed there is always a physical reminder to what has happened.

“My wounds cannot be seen because they are mental wounds which can never properly heal, no one can see the scars I have.”

“Just thinking about what he did to me and how he has hurt me and how my personality changed as a result of what he did to me.

“I have lived with that fear for years until I saw his face in the paper and the scars and wounds have been re-opened because they never truly heal.”

Detective Sergeant Matt Banks, from Kent Police, praised the courage to both women for coming forward to report the vile and violent attacks.

He said: “I’d like to praise the courage of the victims for coming forward following their ordeals which, although took place some time ago, still affect them to this day.”

Category: News

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy