Well, Miss Moneypenny! Obsessed 007 fan changes name by Deed poll to include 14 different Bond girls
A barmaid is laying claim to being the ultimate Bond Girl after officially changing her name by Deed poll – to the most iconic 007 babes of all time.
Bond-mad Emma Louise Hodges, 28, has adopted the moniker of 14 of the superspy’s sauciest side-kicks to coincide with the release of new film ‘Skyfall’, which was released on Friday.
Emma-Louise, from Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, decided to change her name to Miss Moneypenny – with Bond’s leading ladies as her middle names.
She is now officially known as Miss ‘Pussy Galore, Honey Rider, Solitaire, Plenty O’Toole, May Day, Xenia Onatopp, Holly Goodhead, Tiffany Case, Kissy Suzuki, Mary Goodnight, Jinx Johnson, Octopussy, Domino, ‘ Moneypenny.
Miss Moneypenny said she wanted to change her name because she is a huge fan of the films – and in particularly Bond Girls.
She said: “I’ve always thought how great it would be to be a Bond girl – and now I am.
“You see all these blokes changing their name to James Bond but nobody has done it with Bond girls – certainly not to this extent. anyway.
“Ultimately I’m a good down to earth girl, so I opted for Miss Moneypenny as the main name., even though she’s not technically a Bond girl.
“But there’s also a fun and feisty side to me as well, hence some of the other more risque names.
“I’ve always admired actresses like Honor Blackman, Ursula Andress and Bridgit Bardot – but the tongue in cheek innuendo of some of the names has always made me giggle.
“My favourite Bond Girl of all time is Britt Eklund – she was just beautiful and brilliant in ‘On Her Majesty’s Secret Service’.
“But I tried to go for a nice mix of modern and old, with a combination of the best actresses and the greatest Bond films, such as Live and Let Die and Goldfinger.
“All in all, I wanted to be the ultimate Bond girl.
“I just need that call from Daniel Craig now asking me to be in the next film with him.”
A spokesperson for Deed Poll said: “Whilst at the UK Deed Poll Service we have certainly had a myriad of unusual name change requests, it was certainly a delight to finally issue a deed poll to a female fan of the Bond franchise.
“We certainly enjoyed the issuing such a unique Deed poll and hope Emma now feels as shaken and stirred as her new name”
Single Emma now hopes her new name might lead her to find her very own Mr Bond.
She added:”I’m hoping it can mean I can find my own suave, sophisticated James Bond.”
BOND GIRL FACTFILE
- Pussy Galore – played by Honor Blackman, Goldfinger (1964)
- Honey Rider – played by Ursula Andress, Dr No (1962)
- Solitaire – played by Jane Seymour, Live and Let Die (1973)
- Plenty O’Toole – played by Lana Wood, Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
- May Day – played by Grace Jones – View To A Kill (1985)
- Xenia Onatopp- played by Famke Janssen, Goldeneye (1995)
- Holly Goodhead- played by Lois Chiles , Moonraker (1979)
- Tiffany Case – played by Jill St. John, Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
- Kissy Suzuki – played by Mie Hama, You Only Live Twice (1964)
- Mary Goodnight – played by Britt Ekland, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, (1969)
- Jinx Johnson – played by Halle Berry, Die Another Day (2002)
- Octopussy played by Kristina Wayborn, Octopussy (1983)
- Domino – played by Claudine Auger, Thunderball (1965)
- Miss Monneypenny – played by Lois Maxwell(1962-85), Caroline Bliss (1987-89), Samantha Bond (1995-02) , and Naomie Harris (2012)