Slammed Theft Auto: Violent games manufacturer forced to apologise after fans react angrily

January 31, 2013 | by | 0 Comments

A computer games maker that delayed its latest release was forced to apologise after fed-up fans bombarded its website with ”abusive” messages.

Developers Rockstar had promised the gaming community that Grand Theft Auto V would be released in the Spring 2013.

But when it made its official announcement yesterday it said the game would be released on September 17 instead.

The initial poster with the original launch date

Thousands of gamers then took to the company website’s comments page slamming the decision – forcing Rockstar to issue an apology.

Angry website user ThE_Mike-T1 wrote: “Congratulations Rockstar….congratulations…i’m not going to buy it u treat us like idiots”.

Another said: “I’m about to cry. I don’t even know what to do anymore.”

One of the few images released of the game so far

A Rockstar spokesman said: ”We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you.

“However this does not give you free reign to be abusive in comments.”

Category: Tech

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy