A horrified student’s skin crawled after she tucked into a pot of Greek-style yogurt and bit into a dead CATERPILLAR.
Joanna Wilson, 25, swallowed one half of the one-inch-long creepy crawly as she ate the Muller Light Greek-style strawberry flavour snack.
“I was eating it and at first I didn’t really notice anything. It was a Muller light strawberry one and it normally has little strawberry bits in it,” said Joanna, from Dunfermline, Scotland.
“I put it in my mouth and I soon realised it wasn’t the right texture. It was bigger and spikier than a strawberry and it was very firm.
“I thought that it was a bit strange and there was a slight panic. I spat most of it out pretty quickly and then straight away I rinsed it off and I was horrified.”
Joanna, a student at Edinburgh University, added: “I used to eat a lot of Muller yogurts because they are low in fat but now I will never eat another one again.”
A Tesco spokesman said: “We expect all the products we sell to meet our high standards and we were concerned to learn of this issue.
“We will be launching a thorough investigation with the supplier to understand what might have happened and will of course be keeping Ms Wilson updated with the findings.”
A representative for Muller said: “Customer safety and satisfaction is paramount at Muller.
“Our yogurts are produced and packed under strict controls in our Market Drayton Dairy which has been approved by the local authority in conformance with hygiene regulations.”