The United Kingdom houses some of the best wheelchair accessible restaurants around the world. From the comfort and accessibility for the disabled to the delicious and scrumptious cuisines, these restaurants are crowd pullers that can make your day any day. So if you are planning to have dinner on the weekend or to celebrate any upcoming event in your family, here are the “Top 5 Wheelchair Accessible Restaurants in the UK” courtesy of: www.premiermobilitycars.co.uk.
- The White Horse, North Norfolk: The White Horse is an amazing pub with rooms and located at Brancaster on the North Norfolk coast. This elegantly designed part-restaurant, part-Inn is disabled friendly and is a place that offers tasty seafood filled cuisine. The whole pub is easily accessible, including its terrace along with a disabled toilet. It also has the facility to accommodate dogs in its bar. Moreover, The White Horse is in the vicinity to the fashionable Little Chelsea market, so you might find a reason to visit this restaurant after some shopping.
Food: This pub offers a seafood-dominant cuisine that includes Brancaster oysters, Cromer Crab, Letzer’s smoked salmon in its dinner’s starters and Bream fillet, Gressingham duck breast, Roast free range chicken breast and Norfolk 8oz rib-eye steak in its dinner’s main course among many other dishes.
- The Fox at Willian, Hertfordshire:Mixed within the Hertfordshire countryside, The Fox at Willian is located in a serene village of Willian near Letchworth. It’s an award-winning pub that has been awarded Gastro Pub of the Year 2014 and Budweiser Budvar Top 50 Gastropub Awards 2015. It is owned by the same group which owns The White Horse, has one of the friendliest staffs and has a mix of delicious cuisines. The whole pub is wheelchair accessible and has a disabled toilet. This pub also has a disabled parking at its rear.
Food: This pub has a balanced cuisine with a mix of everything. The starters of its dinner include Soup of the day, Brancaster Straithe oysters, Cider braised pork belly, 24hr braised beef cheek and Brancaster Staithe mussles among others. Whereas, the main course of its dinner include Root vegetable gratin, Basil and lemon crusted baked hake fillet, Pan fried fillet of salmon, and Rosemary and smoked garlic stuffed chicken supreme among others.
- Ben Tunnicliffe Restaurant, Cornwall:This picturesque surfer hangout is located on the south-west coast, at Sennen Cove, Cornwall. The seafood of this restaurant is outstanding while the whole restaurant is completely accessible and has a disabled toilet. Furthermore, it has a spacious terrace that is also wheelchair accessible and is a great place to breath in the sea air. The staff of this restaurant is really helpful and very friendly. It also has a huge car park in its vicinity.
Food: This restaurant offers the same menu for lunch and dinner that includes Fish soup, Scallops, Rossmore oysters, Purple sprouting broccoli among many other dishes in its starters. Whereas Beef burger, Beer battered fish, Classic mariniere mussels, Rump steak, Cod and Seabass are included in the main course of this restaurant’s menu.
- The Kitchin, Edinburgh:The Kitchin is a welcoming restaurant that is located on the Leith waterfront in Edinburgh. Owned by celebrity chef Tom Kitchin, it offers a variety of modern British cuisine that is influenced by a number of French cooking techniques. It was awarded for the best restaurant in Scotland in 2012. The restaurant has a dedicated area that is more accessible than the others and also has a disabled toilet with grab bars.
Food: This restaurant offers various menus with a separate menu for vegetarians. Though, the lunch menu includes Cod and Squid, Mackerel and Ox in its starters. And Hake, Plaice, Pork and Grouse are included in the main course.
- Bryn Williams at Porth Eirias, Wales:One of Britain’s top chef, Bryn Williams owns this restaurant which is located on the North Wales coast in Colwyn Bay. It is a few minutes from the beach and quite obviously offers mouth-watering breakfast and dinner. It is fully wheelchair accessible and has a disabled toilet. This place is perfect for informal dining.
Food: This restaurant also has the same menu for its lunch and dinner which includes Smoked salmon, Salt and pepper squid, Pork, Slow cooked lamb breast and many other dishes in its starters and Porth eirias 8oz burger, Smoked haddock, Fish fingers, Rump steak and Confit duck leg in its main course among many other dishes.