Woman who had her throat slashed by evil ex-boyfriend shocked to discover he is out of prison and living just 20 miles away
A mum who was tortured in front of her twin sons for seven hours and had her throat slashed by her ex-partner was shocked to discover he is living 20 MILES away.
Natalie Allman, 31, feared for her life as she was battered with a dumb-bell and required reconstructive surgery after evil Jason Hughes, 42, left her with deep lacerations on her neck.
The twisted former Territorial Army soldier attacked her because he wanted to make her look “ugly” after she called off their engagement.
Hughes was jailed for nine years in 2012 for the brutal attack at the couple’s home in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, which was witnessed by their twin sons.
But yesterday it emerged Hughes was free from prison after serving half his sentence and had been provided with a home by probation officers just 20 miles from his ex-girlfriend.
Mum-of-three Natalie, who lives in Hereford with her new partner Wayne Young, 45, said: “When I was told by the police that Jason would be housed just 20 miles and my boys I started shaking.
“I was in total shock. The probation service said he was an exemplary prisoner.
“There is an exclusion order preventing him from being within 10 miles of our home until 2021 but I’ll be looking over my shoulder every time I leave the house and watching the boys like a hawk.
“I won’t be able let them play outside. The police are replacing my door and fitting locks on the gate.
“Officers will patrol the area. They say we should lock ourselves in if we feel in danger.
“Police have also given the boys’ school a recent photo. There’s even a safe room at the school. So why is he housed so near our home?”
Natalie, who lives with adult support worker Wayne and their three-year-old boy as well as the two six-year-old boys she had with her evil ex-partner.
She met Hughes, who was already a dad-of-two, in 2008 when they were both home carers and they became engaged in 2010 when she discovered she was expected twins.
But Natalie ended their relationship in February 2011, just two months before they planned to marry, because of her partner’s drink problem.
Hughes then launched the terrifying seven-hour attack on Natalie as she lay in bed on February 3, 2011.
He attempted to smother her with a pillow before repeatedly bludgeoning her with a dumb bell.
Hughes then used the blade from a mini-tool to slash a 20cm-long cut across her throat, narrowly missing her major artery by a few millimetres.
The evil ex-soldier, who had practised with bayonets and knives as part of his Army training, only let Natalie call an ambulance seven hours later.
When officers arrived at the home in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire,they found the couple’s terrified sons, who were just two, in bed with their mother and covered in blood.
She was rushed to Hereford Hospital where doctors found she had suffered eight wounds to her head and five fractures to her face bones.
Natalie also needed cosmetic surgery to rebuild her throat which had a slash wound from one ear to the other.
Hughes, then aged 40, was jailed for nine years after he was convicted of malicious wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm at Worcester Crown Court on August 2, 2012.
Abigail Nixon, who represented Hughes in court, said if he intended to kill Natalie then he could have done so because of his military training.
She added: “His intention was to cause a hideous scar she could not hide if she had dressed up to look pretty.
“He was trying to make her look ugly to other men.”
A spokesperson for the Probation Service said: “Offenders on licence are subject to strict conditions.
“If they fail to comply they can be returned to prison.”
* Last year a judge ordered Natalie to send three letters a year, including photos, to Hughes updating him on their five-year-old boys every Easter, September and December.
The order was made under parental rights laws and the mum was warned she would be in contempt of court and could face jail if she didn’t comply.